Managing properties since 2000. With experience and knowledge in the sales and rental market, we understand 1) what you, the owner, requires for service, value, peace of mind, and to obtain the greatest return from your investment portfolio; and 2) what you, the tenant, requires in ensuring a quiet, comfortable, clean, and well maintained residence.
Whether the property is a single family home, townhome, condominium, or multiplex, we can help you with management services you need to care for and increase your investment value. Here is a sample of our property management services:
- market experience in and around the Seattle area
- investment and market analysis of every property in your portfolio
- vacation property management and rental services
- individual tax prep and/or collaboration with your accountant
- fast response to maintenance needs
- peace of mind in ownership
- network of proven reliable contractors – all work guaranteed
- keep pace and understand market and state/federal regulations
- 24 hour availability for emergencies
- flexibility setting and obtaining the goals of each and every investor
- green maintenance practices (we are all about preserving your investment as well as our community and planet)
- varying levels of management involvement
- all aspects of owner and tenant services
With all that said, there is no one size fits all plan. If there is no value in a particular service for a property, there is no sense in charging for it. It is our commitment and guarantee to every investor to find the best service value to meet your individual investment and financial goals.
We take a proactive approach to managing your investment, anticipating and reacting to changes in the market and making recommendations to you to help ensure and enhance the rental value and the future market value of your property. Our purpose is to manage your property in the most cost effective and efficient manner while at the same time focusing on maximizing profit potential.
In addition, to successfully managing your property, a relationship with Northland Group delivers you the freedom to spend your valuable time doing more of what you love doing. You will be free from the duties of locating and qualifying tenants, handling maintenance emergencies, tedious accounting requirements, and many other day-to-day management tasks. Your precious time can be spent pursuing other business and/or leisure activities.
To maintain a successful relationship, this is the value we provide our owners:
- Types of packages advertising/showcasing of property
- Marketed in and out of area for maximum exposure
- Property listed on over a dozen rental websites showcasing your home
- Visible signage whenever permitted
- Market analysis detailing current conditions, rental rates, competition
- Showcase/staging property for tenant
- Available 7 days a week to show property
- In-depth tenant qualification includes income verification, credit, criminal, sex offender checks as well as employment, landlord and personal references as per owner requirements
- Clean/maintain property
- Flexible inspection and/or maintenance schedules (all documented)
- Collection of monthly rent payments, late charges, delinquencies
- Manage all expenses/goals of the property as agreed
- Make recommendations to increase marketability and ROI
- On-line monthly accounting for income, expenses
- Act as the owner's liaison with attorneys, accountants, municipalities, owner and neighborhood associations
- Management and guarantee all repairs are performed as requested
- Full service brokerage to aid in the buy/sell process
- Network of reliable professional services: contractors, accountants, financial advisors, mortgage brokers, etc. (pre-screened, properly licensed, insured, bonded)
- Review any owner specific rules and/or requirements for the property with all tenants so they understand expectations
- Value in service is our guarantee
In addition to our property management services, we provide traditional full real estate brokerage buying and selling services. We have knowledgeable real estate professionals willing to help wherever and whenever you are.
When you enlist our services, we are there every step of the way to help you market, lease, maintain and achieve your investment property goals.
Whether you are buying a property for an investment, moving and want to rent you home or outgrown your home but want to rent it for additional income, the overall process can be daunting. To assist you in this process, we take care of the details allowing you to focus on what really matters to you.
The relationship between tenant and landlord is a symbiotic one. As such we are here to serve both parties to help ensure each has a lasting and positive experience.
A landlord’s interests are best served by having a good tenant remain in the property for as long as possible. Our own properties are no different. Hence, we proactively maintain our properties so they exceed both the standards of the neighborhood and the expectations of the tenant. These efforts not only make the properties more pleasant to come home to and live in but help reduce monthly costs of utilities and maintenance.
To help ensure tenants have a positive experience, here are some of our services along with general advice and tips:
- Neighborhood information and facilities (schools, activities, etc.)
- Renter’s insurance referral
- Utility connectivity (gas, electric, water, garbage, TV, telephone)
- On-line payment options and account access
- Emergency preparedness kits/checklist
- Network of professional services (contractors, accountants, financial advisors, mortgage brokers, etc.)
Tenants typically fall into two categories, those for home ownership is not currently desirable (for any number of reasons) and those for whom home ownership is an ambition. When that time comes to transition from a tenant to an owner, we can help find you the right home in the right neighborhood at the right price. Contact us for a friendly discussion if home ownership is right for you and how we can make if happen.
- Each neighborhood/community has its uniqueness. Staying abreast of neighborhood goings on through community websites helps you get the most out of your community.
- While the property owner carries insurance on the property, it does not cover a tenant’s belongings. Therefore, renter’s insurance should be obtained to protect your belongings and accidental damage to the property. Most insurance companies offer these policies at very reasonable rates.
- Smoke alarms are mandatory in every property and carbon monoxide detectors in those properties with gas. Each are tested at the beginning of every tenancy. It is the tenant’s responsibility to regularly test smoke alarms and change batteries when necessary. Please contact us if an alarm becomes non-functional.
- Treat the property as if it were your own. Perform routine maintenance to keep the property functioning properly thus ensuring your comfort and security (e.g. change light bulbs, keep up landscape, keep drains clear, check window and doors, etc.). Check your lease for specific requirements. If a problem does arise, please contact us.
- Your lease agreement is a legally binding contract. Periodically review your lease agreement to avoid potential conflicts – please contact us if you have questions
- As your rent is due by the first of the month so is the owner’s mortgage. It is advisable to set up an automatic payment plan through our on-line portal to ensure rent is paid on time thus avoiding penalties. If there comes a time a payment cannot be made on time, please contact us.
- We are available to handle emergencies. We define an emergency as a situation where additional damage to the premises will occur if action is not taken. Examples would be if there were a water leak, or if there has been a "breech" to the property creating a security problem or hazard to the Tenant. In the case of an emergency where property damage is occurring, it is the Tenant's responsibility to act to prevent further damage. If you have a true emergency, call 911. If you have a property emergency, contact us immediately.
- As part of our commitment to our owners, periodic inspections of the property are performed to assess and address any safety and maintenance concerns. We will notify you in advance when these inspections will occur.
- See our Resources page for additional helpful information